Legitimate NFL Betting Sites
Reviewing Reputable Online NFL Betting Sites
Despite the newfound popularity and spread of regulated sports betting inside the United States, most US players continue to use legitimate offshore NFL betting sites. This is due to both availability and legality, as these destinations are safe for US players 18 and up, offer regulated gambling experiences, and run afoul of no US laws of any kind.
However, not every NFL sportsbook can be considered a legit operation. There are lots of fly-by-night vendors out there looking to make a quick buck and abscond with your cash, and these are to be avoided at all costs – because it costs even more if you don’t!
As long as you join the best of the best, you’ll never have to worry about the security of your football wagering hobby. To ensure that you pick only the most reputable NFL betting sites out there, our brief guide is the only playbook you need.
Most Trusted NFL Sportsbook
Bovada has been giving US sports bettors a safe, secure way to wager on the NFL for a generation, with a management team that goes back to the beginning of online sports betting. Operating inside of the legal gaming district of Costa Rica, Bovada is the number one online gambling site and sportsbook for US bettors.
Given that NFL betting is the height of the American sports wagering season, Bovada caters to football fans first and foremost. With odds, lines, NFL props, futures, and live betting on every single game, you’ll never run out of audibles at Bovada, and signing up is fast and free. You can even pad your playbook with the site’s low-rollover welcome bonus, making it the perfect way to spend your Sunday.
- Operates under license of major international betting brand
- Bitcoin/Bitcoin Cash accepted
- Special Bitcoin bonus perks
- Bovada Rewards program
- 1000s of NFL bets every week
- Best odds interface in the business
- 24/7 customer support
- Guaranteed payouts
- Live betting on all NFL games
- Comprehensive mobile support – bet from anywhere!
- Full online casino, racebook, poker room
- US residents of DE, MD, NJ, NV not accepted
- Fewer banking options than other sites
- No reload bonuses for returning players
Top-Rated Legal And Secure NFL Betting Sites
How Do I Know My NFL Betting Site Is Legit?
There are hundreds – if not thousands – of NFL betting operators on the Internet, and most of them are unsafe. However, we’ve been using the sites listed here for years, and they’re the best, most reputable companies in the online betting marketplace.
Still, don’t take our word for it. As long as the site you choose meets the following basic criteria, you know you’re getting a level playing field:
• Is legally operating in a regulated gaming jurisdiction
• Has a large, dedicated online following
• Has a lengthy track record for success
• Discloses all third-party fair play compliance audits
• Offers reasonable betting limits on NFL lines and props
• Supports multiple US and int’l sports in addition to the NFL
• Accepts Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
• Employs real human customer service representatives
• Offers live betting and mobile betting for iPhone/Android
• Accepts US members at 18+
• Has clear, concise terms of services
• Discloses all bonus rollover terms
• Utilizes hassle-free payout request forms
How To Bet On The NFL At Legitimate Offshore Sportsbooks
When you want to join an online NFL betting site, you may be intimidated by the process. But don’t worry! Signing up is easy, and when you become a member of any reputable offshore sportsbook, you can have all the confidence and swagger of a potent offensive unit. Here’s the game plan:
1. Pick any site listed here. Since we only recommend the best time-tested brands in the business, you can rest assured that you’re getting a robust, fair, first-class betting experience.
2. Make sure that your chosen sportsbook is licensed or operates under license of a known international betting brand.
3. Click or tap the “Join” or “Sign Up” button on the home page.
4. Enter your basic account information. While these sportsbooks do ask for some private details (i.e. name, date of birth, email, phone number, etc.), legitimate NFL betting sites will never sell that information to third parties or opt you into marketing campaigns.
5. Select a deposit method. While most books worth their salt (or your cheddar!) offer several different ways to fund your account, we recommend using Bitcoin for its combination of speedy deposits, same-day payouts, and strong encryption standards.
6. Place your NFL bets by submitting individual wagers or assembling parlays with big payouts.
7. Withdraw your winnings. Depending on the payout method you request, you may have to wait between 2-5 days to see your money show up stateside. However, with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, you can be paid out in mere hours.
Which Site Should I Join?
As long as the NFL betting site you choose is one of the legitimate, time-tested brands that we recommend, you can’t go wrong. Most football bettors only sign up at a single site to start with, and while that’s a perfectly safe and understandable approach, just remember that shopping lines is one of the best edges any bettor can have.
And since every football team needs a good edge rusher, we recommend joining 2-3 different sportsbooks right out of the gate.
Top 10 Questions About Legit NFL Betting Sites
If you’re looking for where to bet on NFL games, you’ll find every reputable site worth your time on this page. While some US bettors are lucky enough to have convenient state-licensed options where they live, most aren’t so lucky. For them, offshore sports betting sites are the only reliable, safe way to wager.
Note: No offshore book currently accepts residents of New Jersey, though if you live in the Garden State, you have plenty of local options – including online sportsbooks – to meet your needs.
NFL odds work the same way as betting lines do for any other sport. Primarily, bettors have access to four major kinds of NFL wager: point spreads, straight bets, totals bets, and props. Each major sportsbook explains the details through their betting primers.
The key thing is to understand the basics of how to read the moneyline. In the US, the moneyline is considered to be any given bet’s price tag. A negative moneyline indicates a favorite, representing how much must be wagered to win $100. A positive moneyline indicates an underdog and shows how much can be won on a $100 bet.
Live betting is similar to standard NFL betting, except you’re able to place wagers on a given game during the game itself. Since the action on the field can determine which way the odds might shift at any moment, live betting allows you to place wagers on these lines as they fluctuate in real-time.
Live betting requires a steady, stable Internet connection, but other than that, you can participate in NFL in-game betting whether at home or on the go, from your desktop computer or mobile iPhone or Android device.
There is no single best NFL betting strategy. The easiest one for new bettors, of course, is to sign up at multiple legitimate sportsbooks and shop lines for the best deals. After that, your approach will be more personal.
Maybe you’ll focus on matchup histories, overall records, records against the spread (ATS), or even things like the weather and game-day conditions that might affect how any particular team performs. There are a lot of tips and tricks out there, but at the end of the day, you call your own plays!
NFL prop bets – which are wagers on in-game outcomes rather than final scores – offer a ton of fun for new and old bettors alike. Props, aka proposition bets, can be made on dozens of contingencies for each and every NFL contest.
You can wager on player props like the over/under on a given QBs total TDs for the game, on team props like how many takeaways or sacks a defense will record, and even on game props like which club will score first, which team will lead at the half, and so on. Props usually add 100 or so wagers to every NFL matchup.
We’ve participated in a lot of both, and by almost every measure, online betting offers a superior gambling experience. Usually, offshore books have better lines on favorites, bigger payouts on underdogs, less vig or house take attached to each bet, and just generally have more gambling options to choose from. They also accept Bitcoin!
Physical sportsbooks are really only superior in one respect: They’re a fun place to actually watch the game. If you have a nearby casino or racetrack sports betting lounge, you should definitely check it out from time to time. For daily and weekly bettors, the convenience of online wagering is second to none, but everyone should experience a proper physical book at least once.
No. The NFL Vegas odds you’re used to seeing in the national sports media are not the same as the lines you’re going to find at offshore operators. Remember, the Las Vegas NFL picks are based largely around local action, and the lines move based on wagers coming into those specific sportsbooks.
Offshore sites have a much wider range of bettors and fans placing wagers at any given time on any given game, so you’ll usually find better or more “accurate” lines at these international online bookmakers.
Yes, you can! In fact, Super Bowl betting is popular at every US-facing offshore book and is consistently the biggest game of the year in terms of the handle. Just like at the best Vegas and Atlantic City venues, offshore betting sites go all out for the Super Bowl, with hundreds of pre-game wagers and thousands of in-game bets on tap.
Every top online betting site offers coverage for the NFL Draft. While you may not be able to wager on every player at every draft position for the multi-round affair, legitimate NFL books will have draft futures for the most marquee athletes on the board.
The NFL preseason sees a lot of wagering action at legal offshore betting sites, despite the fact that most games are effectively tryouts and practice squad matchups. Football betting is just that popular, and all the best books know they have to offer lines on everything they can. If you want to bet on quarterback controversies and roster cuts, preseason NFL betting is for you!