Legitimate Basketball Betting Sites
Most Trusted And Legitimate Basketball Betting Sites
As more and more domestic US sportsbooks crop up, a new wave of basketball bettors is flocking to the industry. However, many are finding that local books are few and far between and often lack full support for collegiate and international basketball odds. Thus, serious bettors invariably turn to online options. But are these offshore sportsbooks safe to use?
Fortunately, legitimate basketball betting sites hosted overseas are largely safe provided you follow some basic guidelines in selecting the best of the bunch. There are a series of criteria to consider when joining any online operator, and you owe it to yourself to trust only the best names in the business. To ensure that, our brief basketball sportsbook primer makes choosing your site as easy as a breakaway layup.
Most Trusted Basketball Sportsbook
Bovada – A Slam Dunk For Basketball Bettors
While all the sites we recommend are trustworthy and reliable, Bovada is perfect for US bettors, as it accepts new members (18+) from all 45/50 states. Bovada is fully licensed and operates legally in several countries worldwide.
As one of the oldest and most trusted betting sites, Bovada specializes in basketball wagering, covering every NBA game and most NCAA matchups. Additionally, the site posts timely lines on dozens of international basketball leagues and global tournaments.
If you sign up at Bovada right now, you can get a 50% sportsbook welcome bonus worth up to $250 in free plays. Bovada also offers full mobile and live betting support, so true basketball aficionados can bet anytime, anywhere.
Most Trusted And Secure Basketball Sportsbook Sites
Is It Legal To Use Offshore Basketball Sportsbooks?
Offshore betting sites are legal to use to wager real money on basketball and other sports, as these books operate outside of US jurisdiction. For an entire generation, American sports bettors have been patronizing these sites, and millions of US players wager on NBA and collegiate action each year.
With the exceptions of Washington and Connecticut, there are no states that legally bar online gambling via overseas operators. That said, even in WA and CT, their Internet gambling bans are historically unenforced, and we’ve never heard of anyone getting in trouble for online sports betting (though we always recommend following the laws of your state).
What To Look For In A Safe Basketball Sportsbook
There are a number of criteria you should consider when picking out a trusted basketball betting site. Remember, there are thousands of sportsbooks littering the Internet, and only a few of them live up to the standards of safety and security that responsible bettors demand. Make sure the basketball bookie you choose offers each of the following:
- State-of-the-art TLS/SSL encryption
- No third-party data sharing/sales
- Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency support
- NBA, NCAA, and international odds
- Mobile betting support
- Live, in-game betting options
- Multiple deposit options
- On-time, guaranteed payouts
- Valuable bonuses and rewards
- 24/7 customer support
Why You Can Trust Reputable Offshore Betting Sites
When it comes to offshore betting sites, trust is always the biggest question mark for new users. These operators, after all, fall outside of US legal jurisdiction, and that can bother some potential customers. However, you shouldn’t let that worry you in the slightest, because – like all online companies – these sportsbooks live and die on the strength of their reputations.
While they are constantly audited for compliance by their own governments as well as industry watchdogs and non-profit pro-gambling associations, the biggest reason you can trust the sites listed here is because they’ve withstood the test of time and have received thousands upon thousands of positive user reviews over the last generation. When an online betting site doesn’t pass muster in this day and age, you’re sure to hear about it.
Why You Can Trust Our Basketball Sportsbook Reviews
We’re sports bettors and basketball fans, not salespeople. As such, it’s in our interest to promote safe, legitimate basketball sportsbooks so gamblers like us can always have a secure environment in which to bet on our favorite players and teams. We recommend the sites we use ourselves, and we’re passionate about bringing new bettors into the fold.
At Legitimate Sports Betting, we are dedicated to safe, entertaining basketball betting, not any particular sports betting site. As a result, it’s always in our best interest to tell you where each brand succeeds and where each one falls short. We’ll never pull any punches…er, jumpers…with our reviews, and if a book makes our shortlist, you better believe it’s one of the best in the business.
Betting Options At Top Basketball Sportsbooks
When you join a legitimate basketball sportsbook, you’re going to find every betting option you can imagine. Just like the ritziest hotspots in Sin City, the top offshore betting sites support every kind of wager you could ever want to place – and even some you probably don’t!
The following basketball bet types are on hand at all the best online sportsbooks during the season (albeit futures are typically up all year-round):
- Spread Bets – Spread bets are based on weighted or handicapped odds, taking points from the favorite and giving them to the underdog. Spreads are the most popular kinds of basketball wagers.
- Straight Bets – Straight bets require you to pick the winner of a given contest, straight up. These are also called moneyline bets or straight moneyline bets.
- Totals Bets – A totals bet (or over/under bet) requires you to pick whether or not the combined total points scored between both teams in a given game will be higher than (“over”) or lower than (“under”) the number set by the sportsbook.
- Prop Bets – Proposition wagers come in various forms and have to do with outcomes not directly related to the game lines. Basketball props include player props, team props, game props, and even broadcast props for the biggest games on the calendar.
- Futures Bets – Futures bets are like long-term props, where you can wager on the next NBA champion, NCAA champion, MVP award recipient, tournament winner, and more.
In addition to the above, all the best books will let you assemble parlay bets, buy points on alternate lines, and make halftime and quarter time bets. Live betting and mobile betting are also on hand, and these sites even offer various off-court specials, trade and free agency wagers, draft wagers, and more.
Basketball Leagues Covered By Legitimate Sports Betting Sites
- National Basketball Association – The NBA is the most prominent and highest-level basketball league on the planet, and it is the most popular American sport internationally. All the best basketball sportsbooks offer every single NBA game on their odds boards, from the preseason through the playoffs.
- NCAA College Basketball – College basketball is an American mainstay, and it’s growing in popularity internationally. At many basketball sportsbooks, you will find these games listed as NCAAM or NCAAB contests, and offshore betting sites tend to carry the majority of Division I games.
- International Basketball – All the best basketball betting sites have lots of international basketball coverage. Supported leagues include the EuroLeague, Liga ACB (Spain), Basketball Bundesliga (Germany), Lega Basket Serie A (Italy), VTB United League (Russia), the Turkish Basketball Super League (Turkey), LNB Pro A (France), the Chinese Basketball Association (China), and many others. You can also get odds on Olympic basketball and other world championship events.
Legitimate Basketball Betting Sites FAQs
Is betting on basketball over the Internet safe?
Yes, if you use a trusted and reputable Internet sportsbook provider. Betting on basketball is already risky enough without taking a chance on a substandard sports betting site. As long as you stick with a brand we recommend, you can rest assured that your experience will be nothing but (Inter)net!
Is mobile betting or desktop betting more secure?
From a server-side perspective, if you choose a reputable basketball sportsbook operator, their services will be equally safe and secure regardless of whether you use a desktop, laptop, or mobile device to access the odds and lines. However, mobile betting tends to be the safer route, simply because mobile viruses are far less common than desktop viruses. Just remember to always keep your phone or tablet updated!
What kind of encryption do the best basketball betting sites use?
All the top betting sites use either TLS (Transport Layer Security) or SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption. Without getting too technical, these protocols provide high-level encrypted data protection, ensuring that your personal information, financial information, and basketball wagers stay private and discreet.
Do offshore sportsbooks sell my information to third parties?
No. One of the hallmarks of a top-tier sportsbook is the fact that they treat their customers like people, not numbers. When you sign up with a trustworthy basketball betting site, you won’t have your account details or personal information sold to third parties or ad agencies.
Why is Bitcoin the best option for secure transactions?
While there are several ways you can handle your banking transactions at offshore basketball sportsbooks, Bitcoin (or any other supported cryptocurrency) is the way to go. Bitcoin is more secure than any other deposit or withdrawal method, is quantum hacking resistant, has no added fees, has the highest limits, and is the only way to claim same-day payouts from overseas betting sites.
How old do I have to be to bet on basketball online?
In order to bet on basketball over the Internet, all the offshore sportsbooks we recommend set their age minimums to 18 and up. As long as you’re at least 18 years old, you can sign up and wager at any top-rated overseas betting site. That said, if you live in a state that has laws specifying a sports betting age minimum of 21+, we recommend following those mandates for the safest basketball betting experience